The only thing I love more than an easy Halloween treat is a healthy Halloween treat!
Bonus points for one the kids can make themselves.
And with both of these in spades, these Frozen Yogurt-Banana Boo! Pops are the cutest way to celebrate Halloween so far.
Here’s how you do it:
Grab a couple containers of vanilla yogurt, some bananas and mini chocolate chips.
Stir up the yogurt to avoid clumps.Which may lead to…Now for the bananas. Slice them in half.
And thread a popsicle stick through the bottom.
Dip the whole thing in yogurt. (This was my job and it’s less adorable so I did not document it.) Tip: Use a coffee mug. Pour your yogurt(s) into a mug so the yogurt is deep enough to fully submerge the banana in one swoop.
Lay flat on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or foil and freeze for about 4 hours. And…Ta-Da!
Frozen Yogurt-Banana “Boo!” Pops, a Healthy Halloween Treat Kids Can Make
To make 8 Boo! pops, use the amounts below. Reduce or expand the ratios to suit your needs.
- Yield: 8
- 4 bananas
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (2 cartons)
- 16 chocolate chips, miniature or full size
- Prepare a baking sheet or tray with a piece of parchment paper or foil. (And make sure there’s room in your freezer ahead of time.)
- Stir the yogurt well to eliminate any lumps. For the easiest application, pour the yogurt into a coffee cup so it’s deep enough to submerge the bananas when the time comes.
- Cut bananas in half and insert a popsicle stick into the cut end of each one. Line it up so the end of the stick doesn’t puncture the other side of your banana and press gently so your banana is totally secure on the stick.
- Add chocolate chip eyes.
- Freeze for 4 hours.
Want more Halloween ideas that don’t involve tons of candy? Here are a few of our favorites: