These homemade popsicles have been the hit of our back-to-school week.
And trust me, we kind of needed one. There are SO MANY FEELINGS about third grade, first grade and apparently kindergarten is no picnic either.
When I see the rascals come home so stressed — and so very ready to rumble — I like to slow things down.
Come on in guys. Put your backpacks down. Wash your hands and let’s just shake it out okay? Seriously, shake, shake, shake. Three dragon breaths! Great.
Now everyone can have a popsicle.
I mean, I feel for them but I still like a clean floor.
But I also feel good about giving them something like this. There’s no sugar, thanks to all that sweetness from one cheeky banana. Just fruit, protein-rich milk and tons of fresh fruit.
And here’s the best part: If you can blend 3 ingredients in a blender, you can make them too!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- about 20 strawberries
- In a blender, combine a banana, milk and cocoa powder.
- Slice strawberries and fill popsicle molds (using about 2 strawberries each).
- Pour chocolate mixture over the strawberries.
- Add sticks and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.