If you’ve got bigger kids, this is the sweetest Thanksgiving treat you can make together.
Bonus, a collection of these would be gorgeous on top of a frosted cake.
What you need to make chocolate acorns
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Mini Vanilla Wafer cookies (or mini Nutter Butters)
- Mini Chocolate chips
- Chocolate chips, melted
How to make chocolate acorns
- Melt a small amount of chocolate chips (1/4 cup or 1/2 cup) in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Unwrap the Kisses. This is a great job for little kids.
- Apply a little melted chocolate to the vanilla cookie and press a Kiss on top.
- Give the acorn bases a minute to set up, then repeat with the mini chocolate chip on the top side of the cookie. Tip: It sounds fussy but using tweezers actually makes this easier.
- Set the tray in the fridge for 10 minutes or so and enjoy!
Since the cookies will get stale after a day or so, these are best to eat right away or store in an airtight container.