My kids love cornbread. I make a honey-whole-wheat cornbread that’s packed with good-for-you ingredients and every time I do, everyone squeals. With de-light.
But I don’t always have time to bake all the things from scratch. And I’m guessing you don’t either.
That’s why I love these Instant Lunchbox Cornbread Muffins because drumroll please… You start with a mix. No need to be a martyr here. The fine folks at Jiffy know exactly what they’re doing. But then you add the magic: Put a little turkey sausage and fresh baby spinach in there and bam! You’ve got (at least) a week’s worth of lunches halfway done.
Foodlets Reviews are real comments from my 4 very real kids–and I never add recipes to Foodlets without at least 3 Thumbs Ups. Here’s what they think:
Phoebe (8) “Delicious. Can you please pack that in my lunch again this week?”
George (6) “Yummy. Yum. Basically, I want to have this again.”
Violet (3) “Mmm. It’s good!”
Estelle (6) “They’re too muffin-y.”
Fair enough, girl.
Anyway, here’s how you can make Instant Cornbread Lunchbox Muffins with Turkey Sausage and Spinach:
- Cornbread mix + ingredients called for per the box (usually eggs and milk).
- 8 ounces of turkey kielbasa sausage, diced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed, wheat germ or chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn (optional)
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Use an ice cream scoop to ladle one uniform scoop into each cup in a cupcake pan, either lined or greased.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.