When I asked parents what dish they’d most like to see on our Foodlets Lunch menu for spring, one recipe beat out all the others. By a landslide.
Very Veggie Cheese Pinwheel Pizzas!
And awfully good for you.
Not bad for a tiny pizza!
What you need to make very veggie pinwheel pizzas
- Sheet pan (I’ve had 4 Nordic Ware pans for 8 years and they’re in excellent shape.)
- Sharp knife (Ditto for these!)
- Cutting board
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup of Veggie-Filled Tomato Sauce (or any tomato sauce you like)
- *1 pizza dough (start with store-bought or make your own!)
- Mozzarella cheese. I like to shred my own because it has more flavor.
*You’ll get about 12 small pizzas from one store-bought roll of dough. I made a second batch in a regular shape and threw some pepperoni on there for the Foodlet in my house who shaves/isn’t as jazzed about pizza that looks like a lollipop. Up to you.
How to make very veggie pinwheel pizzas
- It’s like making cinnamon rolls. Roll out your dough.
- Slather with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up carefully.
5. STOP. Put your roll into the fridge for at least 20 minutes and it’ll be MUCH easier to cut when the time comes.
6. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake at 420 degrees F for about 15 minutes until the edges are firm and the cheese is bubbly.
Serve for dinner with a big salad. Then serve these beauties AGAIN for lunches later in the week.
p.s. Our wonton wrapper quiche cups work the same way and are another 4-Thumbs Up recipe that you cook once and serve twice.