As the founder of Foodlets.com, I’m a regular contributor to The Huffington Post, The Food Network Dish, Upwave by Turner, eHow and BabyZone by Disney.
FN Dish, a blog from Food Network.com: I’m covering the kid-friendly dinner beat–as in don’t make two meals, just make one that will work for everyone. And it doesn’t have to be chicken nuggets. Here’s a sampling of some of our best ideas the whole family will love:
- Spinach Salad with Sweet Shapes
- Breakfast for Dinner with a Built-In Veggie
- Kid-Sized Crudite: Personal Veggie Cups
- Making Meatballs Cuter: Spaghetti Just Got More Popular
- Grilled Pork Chops 2 Ways: Kid-Friendly and Parent-Approved
- The Chicken Nuggets You Don’t Have to Feel Guilty About
- Punched Up! Colorful Roasted Potatoes Kids Love
- 3 Ways to Make Kids Say “Yay, Asparagus!”
- 3 Tips for Meatloaf Kids Will Eat, and Ask for Again
- Making Mashed Potatoes More Popular with Kids
And you can always find all of my posts here: Charity Curley Mathews (“Foodlets”) on FN Dish, a blog by Food Network.
The Huffington Post: I’m thrilled to say that you can also find another version of Foodlets on The Huffington Post, where I’m writing a column called The ups, the downs, the very dirty floor. Plus I’ll tackle trends and news stories as they come up. Here’s a sample:
- Cooking for Kids (and Other Crazy Ideas).
- Out With Plastic, In With Porcelain: Why I Replaced the Kids’ Dishes
- 10 Tips for Cooking with Preschoolers
- How to Eat Dinner With a Toddler Without Losing Your Mind
- 2 Things Japanese School Kids Are Learning at Lunch
- Where’s the Food? My First Trip to an American Grocery Store As a Mom
- Firing the Food Police on Christmas and Other Strategies for a Low-Stress Family Meal
- Why I’m Still Buying Organic Food for My Family
- How to Get Kids to Try New Foods (Without Begging, Bribing or Losing Your Mind)
- Why French Kids Eat Everything
- Are Celebrity Chefs Making Us Fat? Recipe Makeovers You’ll Love
- Stop Making Two Dinners: Versatile Ideas for the Whole Family
- Are Picky Eaters Just Spoiled Kids?
- Why Are We Feeding Our Kids So Much Junk?
- Italian Lessons: How to Take Kids to a Restaurant
- 10 Sneaky Ways to Make Valentine’s Day Treats Healthier
- I’m a Food Blogger and I’m Not Judging You
- The Downsides of Cooking from Scratch
And we’re off, again! I’m now a contributor to the BabyZone blogs, tossing out ideas, opinions, stories, tips and tricks about parenting and pregnancy in general. Here is a sample of my first posts, which you can always find here: Charity Curley Mathews on BabyZone.
- Why a Friend (Sister or Co-worker’s) Pregnancy Can Boost Your Chances of Conceiving Too
- 9 Ways to Stop the Power Struggle at Dinner
- What If You DIDN’T Pay for College?
- Start Cooking Healthier: 10 Easy Updates for Nearly Any Recipe
Foodlets ideas can also be found on eHow, where I’m contributing seasonal recipes. Here are the first few:
- Heart-Shaped Strawberry Oat Bars
- Strawberry & Cream Mini Pop-Tarts
- From Spinach to Sprinkles, How to Make Food Green for St. Patrick’s Day
- Rainbow Cake Parfaits
Upwave is a health & wellness brand by Turner Broadcasting where I’m also a
contributor. Here are some of my pieces, which can all be found on my bio page: