Simple Sides: Frozen Spinach + Garlic Powder & Olive Oil
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen chopped spinach (but 10 ounces will do, just use less liquid)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup white wine, chicken broth or water plus juice of a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 cracks of fresh pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, then add spinach and garlic powder. Stir for 2 minutes, then add your liquid of choice.
- Add salt and pepper then bring to a simmer and allow liquid to evaporate a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Serve when you’re ready. This one can wait a while on the stove, and even be made ahead of time and warmed in the microwave.
- Too much liquid? Just drain it off OR sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs plus a bit of cream cheese for a rich variation: creamed spinach in minutes!