I ONCE POSTED ABOUT ROASTED ACORN SQUASH and how my four-year-old declared it “the best in the whole wide world.” Awesome yes, but at the time the other two rascals wouldn’t even try it. Well I have good news. Not only do all of them devour squash now but they say things like this.
“I don’t like squash. I LOVE it.”
Then giggle like mad.
Here is our even easier method for making amazing roasted squash in half the time.
- 2 small acorn squashes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice squash in half and scoop out seeds with a spoon.
- Pour about half a tablespoon of oil into each squash and rub into the flesh with your hands. Sprinkle on salt and set cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Flip over and fill each squash with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Cook an additional 5 minutes or until the entire thing is soft and squishy.