Decorating this little lamb cake was one of the easiest kids’ birthday cakes I’ve ever made.
With just about the most adorable results.
When I saw this lamb marshmallow cake I online, I had to wonder: Is it really as simple as it looks or am I going to end up with a whopper of a Pinterest Fail?
But don’t worry tired moms and would-be party hosts because it’s the first one!
In fact, I whipped this one up for George’s 4th birthday and you can make one of your own in minutes. All you need are:
- White frosting (tip: Make sure it’s true white or it’ll look beige next to those marshmallows.)
- Regular marshmallows
- Pink sprinkles
- Small tube of black writing icing
- One pink candy
- Cover the entire cake in white frosting.
- Make the ears: Cut one marshmallow diagonally. Dip the cut ends into your pink sprinkles. Place in the top corners of the cake.
- Cut each marshmallow through the middle and place a ring around the entire top of the cake, going around the “ears”. Add two more mini rows for the lamb’s forehead.
- Use your tube of black icing to draw a simple face.
- Place the pink candy right in the center.