This kid-friendly slow cooker chicken chili is one of the easiest dinners I’ve ever made.
But it didn’t start out that way.
Back when this chicken chili was a Barefoot Contessa recipe, there were more steps, fewer veggies and certainly more spices. But this DELICIOUS version couldn’t be simpler, or a bigger hit with my whole family.
How to make slow cooker chicken chili
- Start with a rotisserie chicken or leftover turkey.
- Dice lots of onions, garlic and peppers.
- Throw in all the canned goods: chicken stock, beans, tomatoes.
- Add frozen sweet corn and spices
- Let the slow cooker do the work!
- 2 cups diced onions (about 3 large onions, any kind)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 28-ounce cans of tomatoes (whole or diced)
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 3 bell peppers, diced
- 1 can beans (any kind, rinsed and drained)
- 4 cups cooked chicken or turkey, diced or shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- To thicken, remove the lid for the last 30 minutes.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream or both.