THIS IS A NEW IDEA, so let’s see how it goes. At the end of the week, we’ll recap what’s happening right here on Foodlets and way beyond.
- The Michelle Obama book giveaway, American Grown, is on! You have 5+ ways to enter to win one of two free copies
- Muffin Madness, our homemade muffin bracket is closing in on a champion muffin recipe: Will it be Easy Peasy Sweet Potato (above) or Double Chocolate Zucchini?
- Parents on The Huffington Post are all over our piece about swapping plastic for porcelain, and the Facebook crowd weighs in too
- And we made some giant carrots with yummy maple glaze, perfect for bunny wanna-bes everywhere
THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD
- Parents magazine talks through the round-the-clock snacking epidemic, and offers better solutions
- Change.org has a petition aimed at Kraft: Stop using dangerous food dyes in our mac & cheese
- There’s a kids cooking contest going on at Mom’s Kitchen Handbook (winner is featured on the site and gets a $50 gift certificate from Amazon)
- Whole Foods has decided, without being forced by legislation, to let you know which foods contain GMOs
- Apparently most store-bought baby food is too salty, so says The Huffington Post (Need baby food recipes? We’ve got some.)
RIGHT HERE AT HOME
- Food we’re struggling to cook deliciously: quinoa
- Food we’re loving so much, we’re cooking again: coconut milk & chia seed pudding (this time with maple syrup!)
- Food we’re trying next week: mushroom linguine with bacon sauce, from Michelle Obama’s book (recipe excerpt coming Monday!)