I’ve made this easy one-pot meal twice in the last two weeks.
Because I love it. And so do the kids.
If you’re looking for a fast and easy meal your whole family will love, add Chili-Roni to your list. Because:
- One pot means the smallest amount of cleanup possible.
- The whole thing comes together in 30 minutes.
- Pairs perfectly with the balsamic-kale salad that taught our kids to be salad believers.
- You’ll have plenty to save for another dinner or share with someone in need.
- It’s a four-thumbs-up crowd pleaser.
Phoebe (9): “Can I stand on my chair? I’m trying to get as tall as I can so my thumbs can get higher!”
Here’s how you can make our new family favorite:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 12-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 12-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1½ cups macaroni (uncooked)
- 1½ cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch Oven, combine the turkey, pepper and onions with olive oil over medium heat. Cook until the turkey is browned and the veggies are soft.
- Add spices and stir.
- Add tomatoes, drained beans, chicken broth and tomato paste. Stir and raise heat to high. Bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni, reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 10 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Stir in corn and serve with a generous heap of cheese on top (or on the bottom AND on top!)